Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
ROON
(02-Feb-2017, 00:29)thumb5 Wrote: This looks interesting: https://kb.roonlabs.com/DSP_Engine

Just downloaded Roon 1.3 and the DSP function is fantastic, I think a lot of Phantom owners will benefit from this feature.
If only Devialet would see the light and make Phantoms Roon ready at the moment I stream to an Aurilac Aries it works but I really would like to lose it and stream directly.
You can stream Roon directly to the new airplay Dialog which will work for a lot of people.
Just checked in with Andrew at Small Green Computer, the sT isn't going to cut it. Need the i5 version.

Thinking of going the whole hog and speccing an i7 with plenty of RAM and 2TB SSD.

Would be small and fanless and won't get that hot.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(02-Feb-2017, 17:22)GuillaumeB Wrote: Just checked in with Andrew at Small Green Computer, the sT isn't going to cut it. Need the i5 version.

Thinking of going the whole hog and speccing an i7 with plenty of RAM and 2TB SSD.

Guillaume

FWIW I am using an Intel NUC, with sixth generation i5 CPU and 16 GB of RAM and it works great, doesn't break a sweat with upsampling, et al. The 16GB of RAM is overkill as 8GB would work fine.

I have it stuffed with both an M.2 drive and a SSD drive. It does have a fan but I don't hear it, though I should note it is NOT in the same room as my D440s or speakers.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(02-Feb-2017, 17:22)GuillaumeB Wrote: Just checked in with Andrew at Small Green Computer, the sT isn't going to cut it. Need the i5 version.

Guillaume

Perhaps wait for Roon core kit to come out? Runs Roon server (Linux) on a NUC. Lots of info about it on Roon community.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Has anyone else tried upsampling 44.1khz to 192khz with Roon and then outputting that to AIR? I just cannot get that working - I got music only from a left channel then... 176.4 kHz works fine with AIR but not 192 kHz.
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
(02-Feb-2017, 18:47)petrik Wrote: Has anyone else tried upsampling 44.1khz to 192khz with Roon and then outputting that to AIR? I just cannot get that working - I got music only from a left channel then... 176.4 kHz works fine with AIR but not 192 kHz.

I have been upsampling 44.1 to 176.4, I will try changing it to 192 when I have a moment and let you know.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
^ Thanks baddog! I'm very impressed with 1.3. It has some really nice new features and seems to work well otherwise.
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
Just fired up 1.3.  Wow - what a lot has changed in the year or so since I last tried Roon!

First impressions are that they've really gone to town to make it work well for classical music (which was one of the reasons I gave up last time).  I'm going to enjoy trying that out more thoroughly over the next few days.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(02-Feb-2017, 17:34)octaviars Wrote:

Guillaume

Perhaps wait for Roon core kit to come out? Runs Roon server (Linux) on a NUC. Lots of info about it on Roon community.

That would be my thoughts too. Then if you don't want to use it with Roon you can repurpose it for Linux /windows.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(02-Feb-2017, 21:29)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(02-Feb-2017, 17:34)octaviars Wrote:

Guillaume

That would be my thoughts too. Then if you don't want to use it with Roon you can repurpose it for  Linux /windows.

Nice thing with a NUC6i5SYH for example is that you can now when Roon re-considered the internal storage for music have one M.2 disk for Roon Core and one SATA SSD for music inside the machine.

One thing that I dont get the hang of with NUC is the SATA disk number one so it will boot from that and not the M.2 disk? But I suppose this is changeable in BIOS settings?

I do hope they will support more models than the NUC 6 series as NUC 7 is out now.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree