Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
News about AIR-crackling noise from Munich
(15-May-2015, 19:39)midi Wrote: But my impression is, that the solution (at least for the Mac/OS) is far far away.
I never ever had a problem with streaming from MacPro, iTunes via AIR and ethernet (dedicated fixed IP or not). Alternatively, as suggested by Devialet, I run iTunes-PureMusic-firewire-Weiss-AES-EBU on my D800. In both configurations no noise, no crackling, no nothing. Let me say that I also use Dirac room correction but avoid any of the more fancy alternatives to iTunes such as Audirvana, etc. When I tried them in the past it was always a hassle besides of not playing gaplessly.

In my experience it helps very often to setup the OS anew once in a while (e.g. every 1 1/2 year) on a completely deleted HDD or SSD and also to install the applications from scratch. Even though this is a few hours work, it is worthwhile in terms of sonic, speed and practical behaviour of the Mac. Installing and uninstalling software accumulates bits and pieces of left-overs in the OS-library that should be removed.

Don't you want to give it a try?

Messages In This Thread
RE: News about AIR-crackling noise from Munich - by Mohmm - 19-May-2015, 14:19