Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
News about AIR-crackling noise from Munich
(21-May-2015, 08:00)Mohmm Wrote:
(20-May-2015, 22:00)midi Wrote: Do you know a place where aren´t at least 5 wlan-networks around ?

Once again, if you promise this with AIR (and the lt of money they want for the device) it should work - without a lot of excuses.

I guess quite a few of posters in the forum have a quiet RF-environment. And most probably the Devialet developers in the countryside.  Huh

Coming back to the router and switch question: Ever since Linn's DS units came to the market Linn strongly recommended

(a) against wireless, and pro cabling, and
(b) against using routers (including Apple's airport Express/Extreme) instead of fast switches with ethernet.

Linn was quite realistic in their recommendations.

Strange reasoning. 

If I remember correctly Devialet has communicated no restrictions with AIR with the exception to have a strong network - my network is strong and has better values as Devialet demands. Are there any restrictions like "please check that not more than 3/5 other wlans are around you" ? 

And it does not matter what Linn said. Obviously Linn is smarter or honest.

I bought a Devialet for really a lot of money, because I trusted their AIR-advertising. Since then I have heard a lot of meaningless statements from Devialet, but nothing really happened for a long time now. 

If you buy a car for a lot of money because it has 4 wheel drive and most of the time the 4 wheel drive has droputs (because it´s too cold or too hot or too wet) and you can only drive by 2 wheels, would you accept it or would you try to return it and ask for the money you have paid for it ?

Messages In This Thread
RE: News about AIR-crackling noise from Munich - by midi - 21-May-2015, 21:58