Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
News about AIR-crackling noise from Munich
(22-May-2015, 16:28)Antoine Wrote: AIR is not that bad but it's not fool proof and needs careful setup.

Sorry to disagree with those who stand up for her(?), but Air is bad (IMO).

It sounds great! But who wants to constantly have to f around with their source to fix a glitch like this? I'm constantly trying to work out if the noises I'm hearing are in the music or the onset of Air crackles. It's hugely distracting. I can't even leave music playing while I'm out of the room as I know at some point I'll have to run back to stop the noises.

Not that the buffer size helped me at all, but who would want a larger buffer? The way Devialet implement it, there's a long delay before the track starts when you use a big buffer, which is horrible IMO.

I think its acceptable that things don't work all of time and companies have to fix them. But Devialet are in denial here in my opinion, and I really don't think Air needs defending as it is.

My repose from support was along the lines of - 'you shouldn't be hearing crackles - let us know your Air settings so we can fix this for you' - like it's not even a real known problem just some silly user error.

Of course there are ways around it, but they aren't the way I envisaged using the Devialet and if I'd know the D had these problems I wouldn't have bought one. Or at least not until I also had an alternate streaming solution in place.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
RE: News about AIR-crackling noise from Munich - by Hifi_swlon - 22-May-2015, 16:56