Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New firmware 8.1.3
(23-Jul-2015, 21:19)Confused Wrote: From Devialet's own website (the Temple of Truth)

"FIRMWARE V8.1.3
- Fix of potential issue with SAM V2 bass extension on certain profiles"

Now in my case SAM V2 bass extension with 8.1.2 was utterly bonkers!  On 8.1.3, very different indeed.  I need to spend more time listening / experimenting, but it now appears that SAM V2 in 8.1.3 is moving towards being very subtle, but if I do try to run SAM 100%, with some music it does sound like there is too much bass, at the very very lowest frequencies.

In terms of what I think 8.1.3 sounds like, I did do a lot of listening last weekend, however, this was in company, so I didn't want to spend lots of time looking like an idiot by constantly experimenting with SAM %.  Earlier on, I had simply selected SAM at 40%, later on we listened to lots of favourite tunes.  This weekend I will have time for some serious listening and will experiment with "new" SAM.  However, based on last weekend's listening, I don't think my system has ever sounded so good.  SAM V2 + 8.1.3 looks very promising indeed.

One caveat, I was sent 8.1.3 a couple of weeks ago by Devialet support due to my ongoing SAM V2 issues, they described it a "beta" version in the covering email, but the files themselves made no mention of beta.  So I'm not sure if I have been running exactly the same version as released today or not.

Having another listen now in the morning, in my setup, the bass seems to be a bit less prevalent and there are more highs. This makes for a larger sound stage but it's not as much fun as with 8.1.2. I didn't have a problem with too much bass with 8.1.2 because my wife introduced a couple of bass traps to our living room (Two large teddy bears sitting in the corners) Voices seem less real with too much emphasis on the highs. I can see myself go back to 8.1.2 but not before I've tried 7.1.3 again.... and then hang out for 8.1.4  Tongue
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Installed 8.1.3 and I've got SAM back at 100% again.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

(24-Jul-2015, 03:51)Dr Tone Wrote: Installed 8.1.3 and I've got SAM back at 100% again.

I updated to 8.1.3 with nary a hitch this morning, but sadly no SAM for me til my new speakers arrive. However, it the interim ( the past two days since I first got my 200 )  I have had oodles of time to noodle around with the configurator, interfacing it with Roon ( no luck using AIR yet, need some more time to play around ) and this weekend I will try an Aries into it. Plus of course add in the Regen Amber I have.

Still getting used to the sound, having come from a 8 watt tube based system.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
8.1.3 is great but I am still missing the " - Main dsp upgrade to add custom delay feature applied on speaker and preamplified outputs" which was promised for 8.1.2 and miraculously disappeared from the website. Devialet confirmed that they still working on it!
Goodmorning, I find it loud, just like 7.1.3, why do it have to be so loud I have to reduce with 6-8 db 

Knd regards Morten
Devialet 200, Graditech Voima 1 Power cable, MIT shotgun S1.3 Speaker cable, Neeper Acoustics Perfect One Speakers
Aurender N100H, MIT Shotgun AC1 Power Cable, Audioquest Forest RJ45, Transparent Premium USB Cable

Denmark
Is the "custom delay feature" some sort of room correction?
(24-Jul-2015, 14:04)markush Wrote: Is the "custom delay feature" some sort of room correction?

No I think it is when you use the 2 way filter and want to delay the output to the second amp or the internal amp I suppose.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Hello Friends

I tested 8.1.3 and I am not satisfied, the bass has lost its "contour" and the highs are too sharp - not the "music" I expect.
So I can only beg Devialet to provide an update with the SQ of 7.1.3.

There I am asking you a big favour: I some destroyed my 7.1.3 version - could sombody send me the 7.1.3. files again? Really appreciate the help.
Thanks a lot
Henry
Dev 200 - Martin Logan Ethos - Inakustik LS1603 Speaker Cables - Linn Ikemi CD, Auralic Aries, WIN10 LapTop. Project Xperience Acryl with Ortofon Bronze 2M. Sonos Connect, Tidal High-Res Abo
(24-Jul-2015, 09:28)Morten Wrote: Goodmorning, I find it loud, just like 7.1.3, why do it have to be so loud I have to reduce with 6-8 db 

Knd regards Morten

Hi Morten,
I really don't understand your comment. In my system there is absolutely no difference in the volume. No matter if I use 7.x or 8.x firmware versions, I always listen with the same volume setting around -25. Why do you have to reduce the volume with 8.1.3 ??

Bernd
(24-Jul-2015, 20:07)Hyperhenry Wrote: Hello Friends

I tested 8.1.3 and I am not satisfied, the bass has lost its "contour" and the highs are too sharp - not the "music" I expect.
So I can only beg Devialet to provide an update with the SQ of 7.1.3.

There I am asking you a big favour: I some destroyed my 7.1.3 version - could sombody send me the 7.1.3. files again? Really appreciate the help.
Thanks a lot
Henry

PM Sent.
Laufer Teknik Memory Player - Atlas Mavros S/PDIF x 2 - Mutec MC-3+ USB Reclocker - Sablon Panatella BNC-SPDIF Digital Cable - LampizatOr Big 7 Tube DAC
Ayre Acoustics AX5-Twenty Amplifier - Rockport Technologies Cygnus Loudspeakers - Rel Gibralter G1 Six Pack Subs - Siltech Princess XLR - Ear to Ear Cables and PCs - Canada