Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Core Infinity board
We have no true idea what this item is but equally important is when will it arrive!  To all of us that have paid a sizable amount of money for the upgrade, it has a second phase, the delivery of this "streamer board".  It is fair to ask....when is it coming and WTF is it?
There are possible alternatives to AIR and with other newer servers emerging in the market I am somewhat impatient to see what I've paid for.
Do think this obligates Devialet to give us some timeline...!
I think we're all going to be in agreement here - we should have an idea of the timeline (beyond '2017') and its feature set.

More importantly, what happened to the promised improvements in customer communication and listening to what customers wanted from the Expert range?

So the real question is - do Devialet care about their customers needs and what we want from the Experts? Going by the almost complete radio silence during the six plus months since the infamous ipetition promises, I'd say absolutely not. Or maybe I just missed the email update about the streamerboard's progress, and asking what the top three things I'd want from it?

So we sit and wait for the late delivery of a flaky upnp/air/spark based streamer I guess. My guess is Q4.

Time for a Facebook rant I think.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(23-Feb-2017, 09:25)Hifi_swlon Wrote: I think we're all going to be in agreement here - we should have an idea of the timeline (beyond '2017') and its feature set.

More importantly, what happened to the promised improvements in customer communication and listening to what customers wanted from the Expert range?

So the real question is - do Devialet care about their customers needs and what we want from the Experts?  Going by the almost complete radio silence during the six plus months since the infamous ipetition promises, I'd say absolutely not.  Or maybe I just missed the email update about the streamerboard's progress, and asking what the top three things I'd want from it?

So we sit and wait for the late delivery of a flaky upnp/air/spark based streamer I guess. My guess is Q4.

Time for a Facebook rant I think.

I asked the UK Sales Manager a few days ago and he said September 2017 compared with their original promise of June 2017 made when it was announced in June(?) 
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
Yes, but what is it supposed to do, or have they become bored with it and decided to shelve it, whatever 'it' is?
The risk Devialet runs (or is it their hope?) is that some of us may no longer own an Expert by then. Will "the promise of a free OS/streamer board" be transferrable to the next owner?

What I can't figure out is why they even bothered promising the new board free to upgraders and new owners. Given the total lack of information about it, it's hard to imagine many customers made their decision to buy or upgrade based on it. But certainly, delays and lack of information will just further alienate Devialet's existing customer base.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
My Demand for StreamerBoard:

Océane (Devialet)
30. Jan., 10:08 CET

Dear Karl,

Thank you for your message.
Although nothing is official or fixed in concrete yet, we are doing everything to have an availability during this summer.

We will of course let you know more as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Océane | Customer service & support Devialet

!!Just wait and see!!
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
(23-Feb-2017, 14:17)mdconnelly Wrote: The risk Devialet runs (or is it their hope?) is that some of us may no longer own an Expert by then.   Will "the promise of a free OS/streamer board" be transferrable to the next owner?  

What I can't figure out is why they even bothered promising the new board free to upgraders and new owners.   Given the total lack of information about it, it's hard to imagine many customers made their decision to buy or upgrade based on it.   But certainly, delays and lack of information will just further alienate Devialet's existing customer base.

Yesterday I got this answer from Devialet re.:transfer of warranty and the streamer board:

<snip>
The warranty is transferable. Just delete the amplifier (serial number) from your online account

The streamer board will most probably be added in France again. 
Because you did the upgrade order, you are the one to receive the os availability emails and such. 
</snip>

Best regards, 

Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(23-Feb-2017, 15:05)Ogs Wrote: Yesterday I got this answer from Devialet re.:transfer of warranty and the streamer board:

The streamer board will most probably be added in France again. 

Best regards, 

Added in France?  Send them back for the upgrade? Amazing!
(23-Feb-2017, 17:27)Wdw Wrote: Added in France?  Send them back for the upgrade?  Amazing!

Ah! Let's hope not! Hopefully Devialet will find a way to avoid another trip to France, unless it turns out the new streamer board needs a new main board firmware which can only be flashed at the factory...
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
My understanding is that the new streamer board will be 'dealer fit'. Based on the posts here, The Temple of Truth (Devialet support) have advised that it will be 'added in France'.

The Temple of Truth (Devialet support) have also hinted the streamer will be available in the Summer. We now know Devialet are advising September, which probably means November..... Summer turns to Autumn, winter is coming.....

Apart from these two minor details, Devialet support appear to have the facts fully under control.

I liked mdconnelly's comment ' But certainly, delays and lack of information will just further alienate Devialet's existing customer base'. This does indeed make me wonder, why do Devialet operate like this? To be honest, I find all this stuff totally unfathomable. Although to be honest, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. When getting the Pro, I knew that that the streamer board would be late, and I knew that there would be a total lack of sensible information from Devialet. Did anyone really expect any different? I am totally resigned to the fact that this is how it is.

I'm glad the Pro sounds as good as it does, otherwise this stuff might all start to get slightly irritating.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12