Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Core Infinity board
(26-Feb-2017, 07:00)Emerald Wrote: oh man, what a long road to realize that I might have jumped into the wrong ship.
Does this mean that my trade from Naim to Devialet is an unwise decision ? I mean, Uniti Nova is coming...

I think you have made a wise choice? Just to let you know, I like my Pro440 very much. Nonetheless, I hope its CEO, Quentin Sannie, could keep his promise.
I believe the Devialet planners are indeed working hard on the roadmap.....

1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
@Confused, brilliant I laughed out loud!
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
(26-Feb-2017, 12:14)Confused Wrote: I believe the Devialet planners are indeed working hard on the roadmap.....

(26-Feb-2017, 13:18)Womaz Wrote: @Confused, brilliant I laughed out loud!

+1

Hahahaha! Tongue  But you should have included a Formula 1 car in that picture.
Devialet Expert 1000 Pro CI / Magico A1 / ROON Nucleus w Farad Super 3 / Innuos Phoenix NET / Torus RM 16 / Acrolink Mexcel 7N-S 9000
Wireworld digital and power cables / Harmonix tuning feet / SMT acoustic 
treatment
- SWEDEN -
(23-Feb-2017, 19:46)IanG-UK Wrote: 1. Expert is a main focus
2. (Expert) is our future
3. We will create and manage an online page where you will find all the latest about our work on Expert
4. We will make sure our teams get better at communicating on a regular basis.

Well I think those score 0/10, 0/10, 0/10 and 0/10.

It was confirmed at the Bristol show that the streamer board, promised for June 2017 at its announcement in June 2016, is now scheduled for September 2017.

Given that Expert is "a main focus" I guess that means Devialet are running behind on everything else by 25% or more.

Interesting too that the Devialet brochure at Bristol now focusses on the acronyms ADH, SAM, EVO (as before) and HBI - which appears to have "replaced" AIR. In fact, in the three page brochure, AIR gets no mention anywhere even though wifi does. 

The local Devialet team are really nice guys but appear to have little influence over the French operation - when I raised the issue of the dormant Devialet "forum" there was little enthusiasm for triggering any change. It seems clear that instructions to that UK team from the centre focus on expanding the marketing and sales operation and growing sales volumes. Maybe the UK team have tried to influence other issues but just get ignored.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
(26-Feb-2017, 14:45)IanG-UK Wrote:
3. We will create and manage an online page where you will find all the latest about our work on Expert

It was confirmed at the Bristol show that the streamer board, promised for June 2017 at its announcement in June 2016, is now scheduled for September 2017.

Given that Expert is "a main focus" I guess that means Devialet are running behind on everything else by 25% or more.

Interesting too that the Devialet brochure at Bristol now focusses on the acronyms ADH, SAM, EVO (as before) and HBI - which appears to have "replaced" AIR. In fact, in the three page brochure, AIR gets no mention anywhere even though wifi does. 

The local Devialet team are really nice guys but appear to have little influence over the French operation - when I raised the issue of the dormant Devialet "forum" there was little enthusiasm for triggering any change. It seems clear that instructions to that UK team from the centre focus on expanding the marketing and sales operation and growing sales volumes. Maybe the UK team have tried to influence other issues but just get ignored.

And it will be bugfree in 2020...
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
I think the only place the expert is the 'main focus' is with communications to expert owners (or prospective owners).

I can't imagine it features too prominently (it at all) in the corporate 'roadmap' which I'm also sure shareholders will have seen.

I'm imagining lots of flashy graphs about soaring sales figures and technologies in mass market chips, (Apple, Apple, Apple, hey did we say Apple?) presented by the devialet founders wearing jeans and roll necks, alongside a few music celebrities, on a huge stage and in front of a massive screen, accompanied by the thunderous sound of 200 phantoms literally deafening the audience into submission. Some talk of customers not knowing what they want - Devialet has to show them what they need. 'Customers asked for a stable AIR and better communication - et voila - we gave them records you can only play once'. Meanwhile stage left someone plays a stack of these 'one play only' lacquers throughout the presentation 'just because they can'. They finish to applause and a standing ovation' to the end quote 'One day every Devialet shareholder will own another island'.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(26-Feb-2017, 14:45)IanG-UK Wrote:

Wait... Devialet uses the term HBI for the Phantom which stands for Heart Bass Implosion (whatever that means).    I don't think that has anything to do with the Experts nor AIR.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
Personally the pro project is already a success without a streamer board. My system sounds wonderful!
Devialet 220pro - Sonus Faber Olympica II - Moon Neo 260D - Oppo BDP103 - Lessloss DFPC Signature - Lessloss Firewall - Intel NUC - AQ USB Coffee

The Netherlands
(26-Feb-2017, 18:02)mdconnelly Wrote: Wait... Devialet uses the term HBI for the Phantom which stands for Heart Bass Implosion (whatever that means).    I don't think that has anything to do with the Experts nor AIR.

It is a Devialet brochure not an Expert one - so ADH and EVO are relevant to both, SAM to Expert and HBI to Phantom. My point is simply that the AIR acronym does not appear in the combined marketing literature, when it was prominent earlier.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England