Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Core Infinity board
(26-Feb-2017, 18:37)IanG-UK Wrote:
(26-Feb-2017, 18:02)mdconnelly Wrote: Wait... Devialet uses the term HBI for the Phantom which stands for Heart Bass Implosion (whatever that means).    I don't think that has anything to do with the Experts nor AIR.

It is a Devialet brochure not an Expert one - so ADH and EVO are relevant to both, SAM to Expert and HBI to Phantom. My point is simply that the AIR acronym does not appear in the combined marketing literature, when it was prominent earlier.

Now that AIR is working robustly (for me !) I would be happy if they didn't d*ck with it any further and risk breaking it once again. I find it hard to believe that my O d'A could sound even better than it does today, so I am not fretting about the delay before we finally get the Pro upgrade. However, unless the new streamer board supports Roon/RAAT then I can't see any use for it, personally. I won't hold my breath, but in the meantime, I am a very happy listener.
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
I can vouch for Devialet's corporate line at the Bristol HiFi show on the streamer board being September 2017. "Honest, cross my heart!", the lovely French lady said. I, of course, believe this wholeheartedly.
(26-Feb-2017, 19:23)Gerronwithit Wrote: I can vouch for Devialet's corporate line at the Bristol HiFi show on the streamer board being September 2017. "Honest, cross my heart!", the lovely French lady said. I, of course, believe this wholeheartedly.

I do wonder how they can say "when" without saying "what" . . . .
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
(26-Feb-2017, 19:31)Zappydev Wrote:
(26-Feb-2017, 19:23)Gerronwithit Wrote: I can vouch for Devialet's corporate line at the Bristol HiFi show on the streamer board being September 2017. "Honest, cross my heart!", the lovely French lady said. I, of course, believe this wholeheartedly.

I do wonder how they can say "when" without saying "what" . . . .

Well, I suppose they did already tell us what. It's just that most of us thought they were joking, and would surely surprise us and deliver something cutting edge and/or what we actually wanted. But it may be as simple as what's already been said. upnp/Spark. Job done.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Quote:upnp/Spark. Job done.

Shut up and take my money....... Big Grin

Or did they already do that  when I went PRO Dodgy Huh
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(27-Feb-2017, 05:50)octaviars Wrote:

It is important for Devialet that You paid. Now You can wait, wait, wait, wait....and because this is free of charge streamer You will wait a bit longerWink
Hey, buy our Pro now and we'll throw in an $1800 new board for free.  No, we're not telling you exactly what it will do nor when it will ship, and we're not quite sure how it'll get installed.  

Just trust us... We will make our customer service great again.  The best ever.  Everyone says so.

P.S.   Unfortunately,  our AIR is currently fully depleted of love so please don't bother Seb until we have a chance to restock... sometime this summer or maybe September.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(27-Feb-2017, 12:35)moreno1973 Wrote:
(27-Feb-2017, 05:50)octaviars Wrote:

It is important for Devialet that You paid. Now You can wait, wait, wait, wait....and because this is free of charge streamer You will wait a bit longerWink

If they just came out and told us what (not when) we will get that would be fine with me.....you get Upnp and Spark, I would not be happy with this but atleast I could plan ahead what streaming solutions to focus on. Today I run Roon->HQ Player-AIR 3.0.2 with no problems but I would like to build a new dedicated computer for this and get that tricked out with linear PSU, FMC and all other goodies that is avalible now....or just get the new Sotm SMS-200 ultra and run USB when that gets out and a NUC with Roon ROCK and be done with that no fiddeling with HQ Player even if it is a really good software.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Devialet published something on Facebook on the 1000pro... and all reply's are asks on when the streamer board would be available :-)
(27-Feb-2017, 14:48)octaviars Wrote: If they just came out and told us what (not when) we will get that would be fine with me.....you get Upnp and Spark, I would not be happy with this but at least I could plan ahead what streaming solutions to focus on. Today I run Roon->HQ Player-AIR 3.0.2 with no problems but I would like to build a new dedicated computer for this and get that tricked out with linear PSU, FMC and all other goodies that is avalible now....or just get the new Sotm SMS-200 ultra and run USB when that gets out and a NUC with Roon ROCK and be done with that no fiddeling with HQ Player even if it is a really good software.

agree with this completely...it isn't that I am particularly anxious to receive the streamer board but do want to know if it is worth the wait.  In the absence of any communication we are somewhat limited in any plans that can be made except simply ignoring the eventual streamer board entirely.