Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Core Infinity board
... The new streamer board

Devialet merely give us a photo of it on 18th March; tell us there will be better wifi and no music storage on 11th April (plus that it is internal and Linux based and free) (all of which we knew or could have guessed from the start) and now we are 7 weeks away from the original deadline and know virtually nothing.

Apart from "more to come soon" which in Devialetspeak means "little to come eventually".

Disappointing.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
Will the OS board replace the USB input interface as well ?

My point is, besides hoping that the streaming support Roon, Roon playback can also benefit from the upgraded USB interface.

From the photo the interface board seems has the USB on one side, and Ethernet on the other side.

[Image: Interfaces_numeriques-8.jpg]
Roon HQP > sotm sms-200 > mutec (Cybershaft) > 220 Pro > Cardas Cygnus > Avalon IDEA
Denali 2000T
From their description/photo the whole lot (Ethernet and USB) comes out and gets replaced by the new board.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

OT.
Hi Kwan
I see from your signature that your speakers are Avalon Idea. How do you like them? Is it a good match for your 220? I have thought of getting a pair, but postponed and instead upgraded to Pro and improved signal delivery in front of the amp.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(15-May-2017, 12:58)ogs Wrote: OT.
Hi Kwan
I see from your signature that your speakers are Avalon Idea. How do you like them? Is it a good match for your 220? I have thought of getting a pair, but postponed and instead upgraded to Pro and improved signal delivery in front of the amp.

Avalon is really difficult to drive, the shop demo it with Mark Levinson Pre/Power with very good result. I've drive it with an integrated amp, and with pre/power combo at home, both can't reach the Mark's level,  until I brought Devialet. I think SAM makes the magic here.

Before I use sotm sms-200, the treble is a little eddgy, mutec further improve in this area.
Roon HQP > sotm sms-200 > mutec (Cybershaft) > 220 Pro > Cardas Cygnus > Avalon IDEA
Denali 2000T
Just bringing things back over here since the Oct 17 release has been announced.

Beyond all 'audiophile' things and Roon, which are still unknown, I was actually quite pleased to see Airplay. It might be nice to be able to send stuff to it from a mobile (or friends mobiles). It's not something I would have put on my wish list as I wouldn't have wanted to use up a better feature request. But since it's there, it's useful.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

From my point of view, good to see support for Qobuz on the list even though it will obviously be after another wait ("...the following months..."). Presumably the control interface for that will be Spark?
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Deezer, Tidal Qobuz, Bluetooth, Webradios and then three dots... I wonder what the dots are.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
I really hope Devialet will improve Spark if they plan to use that to control the new OS board, today I would not want to use that as my main control point for music to much problems and not the best GUI......compared to Roon well there is not much to compare
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(02-Jul-2017, 10:59)octaviars Wrote: I really hope Devialet will improve Spark if they plan to use that to control the new OS board, today I would not want to use that as my main control point for music to much problems and not the best GUI......compared to Roon well there is not much to compare

Is Spark really that bad?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.