Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AQVox AQ-SWITCH-8
(02-Apr-2017, 07:43)Jacke89 Wrote: Will this make a difference when running AIR --> WiFi --> Router --> Ethernet --> Devialet or is it only when running ethernet all the way and having both the computer and Devialet connected to the switch?

In your scenario I would place the AQVOX switch between your router and Devialet. In fact it is generally advisable to have a switch closer to your hi-fi.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(02-Apr-2017, 07:43)Jacke89 Wrote: Will this make a difference when running AIR --> WiFi --> Router --> Ethernet --> Devialet or is it only when running ethernet all the way and having both the computer and Devialet connected to the switch?

I'm running exactly your configuration with the AQVOX switch now between Router and Devialet. shortest possible connection Switch -> Devialet.

christian
1000 Pro, Wilson Audio Sophia 3, SOtM-200 Ultra Neo, Mutec REF10/MC-3 + USB, NUC/Audiolinux, Phantom white & gold
(02-Apr-2017, 08:20)Antoine Wrote:
(01-Apr-2017, 20:55)cfwotzka Wrote:
(01-Apr-2017, 18:11)GuillaumeB Wrote: Excellent! It really is good isn't it? I'm sure mine has continued to improve as it runs in.

Everything just sounds so much more natural. 

Guillaume
it's really good indeed.
many thanks for recommendation Guillaume.
I have also other Aqvox "devices" the Phono-Pre for example which is an excellent one as well for it's price tag.
how did you discover the Aqvox switch?

christian

Right here on his own forum: https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Antoine-...6#pid58506   Wink

promise to dive deeper into the Forum from now on
1000 Pro, Wilson Audio Sophia 3, SOtM-200 Ultra Neo, Mutec REF10/MC-3 + USB, NUC/Audiolinux, Phantom white & gold
Hallo, it seems tempting to try it out.

I wonder if will help with an Aurender, I listen to Tidal 99% of the time. If I monitor the router I can see that the Aurender receives the complete track in the start of the playlist—when it comes to the end of the track it plays it downloads the next track, what do you think will it help?

Kind regards Morten
Devialet 200, Graditech Voima 1 Power cable, MIT shotgun S1.3 Speaker cable, Neeper Acoustics Perfect One Speakers
Aurender N100H, MIT Shotgun AC1 Power Cable, Audioquest Forest RJ45, Transparent Premium USB Cable

Denmark
@Morten: bit off topic, but do I understand correctly Aurender plays tracks from Tidal or Qobuz from its SSD or cash? Interested because I am considering an Aurender N10, but cannot find any information about this and also interested in the AQvox switch bringing better SQ.
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands
Hallo kerkhoffd,

I believe that it download it to the RAM--not the SSD, it works brilliant :-)

Kind regards Morten
Devialet 200, Graditech Voima 1 Power cable, MIT shotgun S1.3 Speaker cable, Neeper Acoustics Perfect One Speakers
Aurender N100H, MIT Shotgun AC1 Power Cable, Audioquest Forest RJ45, Transparent Premium USB Cable

Denmark
(07-Apr-2017, 16:05)Morten Wrote: Hallo, it seems tempting to try it out.

I wonder if will help with an Aurender, I listen to Tidal 99% of the time. If I monitor the router I can see that the Aurender receives the complete track in the start of the playlist—when it comes to the end of the track it plays it downloads the next track, what do you think will it help?

Kind regards Morten

An interesting question.  I have asked myself many similar questions.  Consider that you can run Devialet AIR with a couple of seconds of buffer selected.  If you then pull out the Ethernet cable completely, perfect music continues to play, albeit for those two seconds only.  So what then does a nice switch or even an expensive Ethernet cable bring to the party?  I have seen stuff like this debated endlessly over on Computer Audiophile, many opinions, many facts mixed in with 'alternative facts', never conclusive.

I have to say I find it very difficult to rationalise how something like the AQVOX switch can possibly help.  Having said that, there are now a few user reviews that I have seen and they are all positive.  Maybe every single person that has tried one has been duped by expectation bias?  Mine should arrive late next week, I am hoping I'll have it time for the Easter break.  Part of me thinks that I am crazy to have bought one of these things.  Having said that, I am confident that it is highly unlikely to do anything negative to sound quality.  So no harm will done, except for some minor damage to my bank balance!  Oddly enough, I have been thinking of getting a second switch for a while, so I can take my cheapo Virgin Media router out of the chain between my PC and hifi.  So my old switch can be repurposed to skip the router. Time will tell if the AQVOX is merely a very expensive way of doing this!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Hmm, at least I am not the only one that find’s it odd that a switch can increase the sound quality. Could it be that the update means that it transfer less noise to the streamer, and AMP?

On my switch I have connected both my N100H and the D200 (and also a sony TV and a Apple TV)

Looking forward to hear if you also hear improvements, it so it is a relative cheap upgrade, compared to the cost of speaker cables etc…

Kind regards

Morten

Denmark
(08-Apr-2017, 21:47)Morten Wrote: Hmm, at least I am not the only one that find’s it odd that a switch can increase the sound quality. Could it be that the update means that it transfer less noise to the streamer, and AMP?

On my switch I have connected both my N100H and the D200 (and also a sony TV and a Apple TV)

Looking forward to hear if you also hear improvements, it so it is a relative cheap upgrade, compared to the cost of speaker cables etc…

Kind regards

Morten

Agree that it is odd, but honestly I have experienced greater improvements in SQ when optimizing things on the network side than on the interconnect cabling side.
Kii Three Speakers | JL Audio Fathom Subwoofer  | KEF LS50 Speakers | Samsung 850 Soundbar
Innuos Statement | Trinnov Altitude 32 | PS Audio Stellar S300 Amp | T+A HA 200 Headphone Amplifier | Meze Empyrean Headphones
Sean Jacobs DC-3 Custom Build LPS | Roon Core DIY Server | SOtM sNH-10G Modded Switch | Oppo UDP-205 Blu-Ray/SACD Player
T+A G 2000 R Turntable | DS Audio E1 Optical Stylus | Gordian Lab 12 Power Conditioner | Artesania Audio Rack
Recently I made a direct comparison between air over wifi and air over ethernet - the first was clearly better. Although I used just a 50 Euro Cat 7 cable between the router an my 220 the difference in sq was so clear that I couldn't imagine a better cable would really change the result. What do you think, will the AQVox make such a big difference? And will new streamer board again affect results?
220 PRO/CI, Martin Logan Montis, HMS Gran Finale MK II, FritzBox 7590, Audirvana via USB, Tidal Hifi, - South Germany