Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the Phantom still bad for a home theater?
(21-Jul-2017, 21:00)PandaSPUR Wrote: New member here. I tried out the Phantoms a few weeks ago at the showroom here in NYC and I loved them. I'm thinking of getting a pair of them for the TV, and later getting another 2 as rear channel.

From what I understand, the Dialog doesnt support anything more than stereo yet right?

I also saw from some older reviews that the Phantom doesn't work well for TV because theres a noticeable amount of latency. So noticeable that lips on the screen look out of sync with the audio. Is that still true?

Unfortunately they are not great for home theater in my opinion. I really tried to make it work, but in the end I missed the proper .1 channel (LFE) and in order to get satisfying volume/impact out of the speakers I needed to turn the volume quite high. But then I had another problem, while there was some pretty good mid bass punch, the highs were too hard and bright for me. Some scenes simply hurt my ears.

Recently went back to a 2.2 system with proper subwoofers and the golds dont compare at all. But for the size and it being a stereo set up they are fine. Can't expect a proper home cinema experience with speakers this size.

I didn't have lip sync issue's when they were connected to my tv or beamer. Only noticed it when I connected them to my pc monitor.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is the Phantom still bad for a home theater? - by Cyral - 21-Jul-2017, 22:37