Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When the OdA free upgrade program will Kick Off ????
My Od’A is gone!  Blush Confused  

I must confess i’m not too bothered about Core Infinity as these days I use the AES input with my Totaldac d1 server. I am considering giving the dCS Network Bridge a go though as I keep hearing very positive reports of this.

I also recently got to hear the 1000 Pro with the Vivaldi Upsampler with all music converted to DSD. Wow this is good guys! This is the second time I have heard this. 

So I would say that the Core Infinity is bottom of my list, there are just so many good options out there.  Angel

Still I’d Like to be able to play Qobuz natively on the Devialet. No idea if this will sound better than Qobuz played through my d1 server using LMS and iPeng.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Quentin's letter about the problems and delays has me confused.   Has Devialet made it clear to those that are sending your Od'A off now that they'll work just fine with existing firmware when you get them back with the new CI board installed or will you need to run their beta software (when released) in order to get them to work at all?

Installing the CI board before the software platform that supports it is production ready seems a bit backward (and a bit nuts ;-), but perhaps I'm just missing something.  If anyone has any insight on this, please share.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(08-Nov-2017, 15:44)mdconnelly Wrote: Quentin's letter about the problems and delays has me confused.   Has Devialet made it clear to those that are sending your Od'A off now that they'll work just fine with existing firmware when you get them back with the new CI board installed or will you need to run their beta software (when released) in order to get them to work at all?

Installing the CI board before the software platform that supports it is production ready seems a bit backward (and a bit nuts ;-), but perhaps I'm just missing something.  If anyone has any insight on this, please share.

I have no idea what their masterplan may be, but there is no way on earth that I will be sending them my O d'A until they have released what they consider to be a stable firmware, and the consensus of other members here is that AIR works at least as well as it does today. Having spent over a year struggling with earlier AIR releases, I have no intention of going back to a system that may or may not work, and may take years to fix. All the additional features (Qobuz etc. are nice-to-haves, but reliable network streaming was a fundamental requirement when I bought my original D170, and I am not prepared to go back to those uncertain days while Devialet fiddle about out of their depth once again.

It is a given that software development has an unreliable timeline, but I see no apology in his letter for the sheer hubris of announcing a specific date (October 17) for release when it is clear that at that time, they did not have a system that was even close to being ready. As others have stated elsewhere, Devialet is awash with money, and the world is awash with highly talented software writers. Quentin's letter, however politely written, does nothing to acknowledge the fundamental incompetence that seems to pervade that part of the organisation that is involved with software development and the marketing thereof.
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
(07-Nov-2017, 18:14)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(07-Nov-2017, 13:31)f1eng Wrote: Mine set off yesterday...

Well you beat me to it, my box is still sitting here awaiting collection. I just called UPS to find out what was going on and it appears that my attempt to book a collection online didn't work. Anyway tomorrow they will be here at some point.

Guillaume

I failed to book a collection on line too but I noticed on the printed label they had a drop off point in town so I dropped mine off on the way to pick my granddaughter up from school.
I am set up with Resolution Audio Cantata and Job pre-pro into my Epilogs and a classic valve amp driving my Animas. I don't feel like I am missing much since I largely gave up on streaming and don't play LPs that often!
I was reflecting on looking for a D-Premier again, with its quieter (in my memory...) phono stage and HDMI input as I took the dog for a walk.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

So Frank, it's two weeks now. Have you heard anything from Devialet about a return date yet? I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love to read your review of the CI board.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(21-Nov-2017, 09:07)Pim van Vliet Wrote: So Frank, it's two weeks now. Have you heard anything from Devialet about a return date yet? I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love to read your review of the CI board.
Heard nowt so far.
Enjoying the much cheaper and simpler Job pre/225 but missing the rotary on the remote Smile
Not sure my review of the CI board will be worth much since I am not sure what it does, I pretty well only listen to CD and LP.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(09-Nov-2017, 14:20)Zappydev Wrote:
(08-Nov-2017, 15:44)mdconnelly Wrote: Quentin's letter about the problems and delays has me confused.   Has Devialet made it clear to those that are sending your Od'A off now that they'll work just fine with existing firmware when you get them back with the new CI board installed or will you need to run their beta software (when released) in order to get them to work at all?

I have no idea what their masterplan may be, but there is no way on earth that I will be sending them my O d'A until they have released what they consider to be a stable firmware, and the consensus of other members here is that AIR works at least as well as it does today. Having spent over a year struggling with earlier AIR releases, I have no intention of going back to a system that may or may not work, and may take years to fix. All the additional features (Qobuz etc. are nice-to-haves, but reliable network streaming was a fundamental requirement when I bought my original D170, and I am not prepared to go back to those uncertain days while Devialet fiddle about out of their depth once again.

It is a given that software development has an unreliable timeline, but I see no apology in his letter for the sheer hubris of announcing a specific date (October 17) for release when it is clear that at that time, they did not have a system that was even close to being ready. As others have stated elsewhere, Devialet is awash with money, and the world is awash with highly talented software writers. Quentin's letter, however politely written, does nothing to acknowledge the fundamental incompetence that seems to pervade that part of the organisation that is involved with software development and the marketing thereof.

Excellent comment - I hope Devialet reads it.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
Gentleman, anyone of you got your OdA back from the upgrade?
I just received the shipping boxes but got this message from Devialet which doesn't inspire much confidence in the process:
"However, since the Engineers in Paris are still fine fine-tuning the software, the entire upgrade process may happen to be slightly delayed."
I'm not sure I want to send my OdA to Paris and wait for the engineers to figure out what to do with them.
When I book for the packing box, the arrival date for the packing box is about 1 months later!!! I don’t know why it take 1 month for them to ship a box??? Usually with express delivery it take about 4-5 days. Any ideas guys.
I have heard nothing so far but it sounds like the software to go with the hardware isn't working yet. I wish I had known this before I sent mine, I would have waited.
If anything now that I am mainly back on CD and LP I don't really need a Devialet at all.
I am at the Ella Fitzgerald lacquer playing at the Sheldonian tomorrow, so I may get an update.
Oxfordshire