Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Really can use EQ for the Phantom....
(23-Nov-2017, 05:31)screwgauge Wrote:
(23-Nov-2017, 04:34)Marcner Wrote:
(23-Nov-2017, 03:18)MountainGuy Wrote: Thank you!

Does Airplay provide as good a quality as using Spark directly?

And does Airplay work for Windows laptops or is it just an Apple laptop thing?  

Sorry for my ignorance?

I have not critically A/Bed Spark and Roon through Airplay, but they sound equally good to my ear. I am using Roon on A Nuc with Roon ROCK. Airplay works for me, so I am reasonable sure it would work on a Windows laptop. Hopefully one day Diavalet with update Phantoms to support RAAT which would be the best way to connect with Roon.

While I have never used Roon, I hear distinct noise/craclking when playing directly to the phantom via AirPlay from my Mac. I hear this also on the optical in. I think both of these are known issues and are expected to be fixed in a future update. No such issues via Spark or Bluetooth.

I don't think Roon via AirPlay would be any different.

Suman

Yes this is a known problem that it seems Devialet has been slow to fix. I can only say that it has never been a problem for me personally having owned the orginal, silver and now gold Phantoms. When I am using a dialog I make sure they connect via PLC, but its probably just dumb luck. Try it. If you don't have Roon there is a 30 day free trial I believe.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Really can use EQ for the Phantom.... - by Marcner - 23-Nov-2017, 18:51