Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Problems with Core Infinity
I just received my Devialet Expert 220 back from Plurison in Quebec with the Core Infinity Streaming Board installed.

I reconfigured it, and it works with CD and Sonos. I cannot get the Wifi or Ethernet to work. In the settings window on the 220, it says “Wifi mode turned off" and under “Ethernet" is blank. Both have been configured.

I mainly use Roon from my Mac Powerbook, and Roon can’t find the Devialet (it did so automatically before the upgrade). I installed the newest Devialet Air on the Mac (which was not necessary with Roon before), but it can’t find the Wifi or Ethernet either. When I try to stream from my iPad, the iPad finds my Aiport Express (which is connected to the Devialet via Ethernet), but the Devialet doesn’t connect.

Have any Devialet users here have done the upgrade and have had the same problem - and hopefully a solution? (I've posted this on the Roon board as well.)

I am running Roon through a Mac Powerbook, using a Thunderbolt to my SSD storage. I have a Mac Airport Express running into the Devialet via ethernet for a stronger and more stable wifi feed.

Thanks,

Ian
See if you can get your hands on the alpha firmware. Markush has his up and running on it. Maybe PM him.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Hello Ian,

That must be very frustrating and disappointing.

Surely the thing to do is talk to Devialet support? At least that would help to establish whether what you're seeing is expected behaviour or evidence of a problem. In the latter case, hopefully Devialet should be able to help fix it. In the former case...well, words fail me.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(25-Nov-2017, 23:50)django54 Wrote: I just received my Devialet Expert 220 back from Plurison in Quebec with the Core Infinity Streaming Board installed.

I reconfigured it, and it works with CD and Sonos. I cannot get the Wifi or Ethernet to work. In the settings window on the 220, it says “Wifi mode turned off" and under “Ethernet" is blank. Both have been configured.

I mainly use Roon from my Mac Powerbook, and Roon can’t find the Devialet (it did so automatically before the upgrade). I installed the newest Devialet Air on the Mac (which was not necessary with Roon before), but it can’t find the Wifi or Ethernet either. When I try to stream from my iPad, the iPad finds my Aiport Express (which is connected to the Devialet via Ethernet), but the Devialet doesn’t connect.

Have any Devialet users here have done the upgrade and have had the same problem - and hopefully a solution? (I've posted this on the Roon board as well.)

I am running Roon through a Mac Powerbook, using a Thunderbolt to my SSD storage. I have a Mac Airport Express running into the Devialet via ethernet for a stronger and more stable wifi feed.

Thanks,

Ian

Out of interest (and it may help to solve this one), what firmware and DOS version did your returned amp come with?  (see below)

https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...ember-15th

I notice that the Devialet website does not offer any of the new firmware or DOS versions.  It looks clear to me that the 'alpha' versions of software are being limited to dealers and a select few testers, but does it actually come with the beta software?  I certainly cannot see the beta software on Devialet's website.  I am wondering if you have to request to become a beta tester before the OS board will do anything!  That would of course be crazy, but this is Devialet.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
My dealer did not get the link to beta software

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
(26-Nov-2017, 11:50)Confused Wrote:
(25-Nov-2017, 23:50)django54 Wrote: I just received my Devialet Expert 220 back from Plurison in Quebec with the Core Infinity Streaming Board installed.

Thanks,

Ian

Out of interest (and it may help to solve this one), what firmware and DOS version did your returned amp come with?  (see below)

I notice that the Devialet website does not offer any of the new firmware or DOS versions.  It looks clear to me that the 'alpha' versions of software are being limited to dealers and a select few testers, but does it actually come with the beta software?  I certainly cannot see the beta software on Devialet's website.  I am wondering if you have to request to become a beta tester before the OS board will do anything!  That would of course be crazy, but this is Devialet.

Seems Quentin's comment didn't't happen (now there's a suprise):

"By the week commencing November 20, two versions will be made available. They will still be in Beta, without critical bugs but with a few residual bugs."

Hope things get sorted for you ASAP Ian
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
I received my brand new 220 Pro with CI on 31 of October and the situation is identical. The unit only works over USB (I am using Audirvana) that's all.

And this is the mail that I received from customer support on last Friday:

Quote:Dear Ada,

Indeed there is still delay on the soft and I can only apologise for that.
I am keeping this request on the side because perhaps next Thursday we will have a version (maybe).
If we do have it next week I will then send it to you.

I wish you a good day,  
If anyone has a BETA or Alpha version of the new software, will be great to reach it as my unit is almost useless for 1 month.
There should be a new version available tomorrow - which might already be beta. Don't know though when Devialet will start to roll out software /firmware updates as they have their standards for stability.
(26-Nov-2017, 11:50)Confused Wrote:

Thanks,

Ian

The 220 is operating on HW 6.2  SW 11.4.12  DOS 2.0.1.4  . Since it was installed on Wednesday, I’m guessing it’s the latest. I have contacted Devialet help, as well as Plurison (the Canadian distributor). Two more things:
- the Devialet app for iPad no longer works (it was merely a volume control)
- I was playing Roon through my Sonos input on the Devialet but after about 30minutes the music came to an abrupt halt and Roon said something like “Roon can’t control this device”.