Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom gold not powering up
Thanks Hi,
I have a pair of gold phantoms.
They are generally off when not in use.Today I decided to change the location of the speakers.While playing in the new location one speakers power cord was loose.I plugged it back in securely while it was  playing but ever since Have no sound coming out of it.I have tried the reset by 3 presses,deleted the setup,tried to configure it in solo mode but have had no success in getting it to breathe or power up.
Have tried different socket & power cable as well.The other one plays fine dialog works but I’m up in arms with the non functional one.Will try once again in the morning,fingers crossed.
Any thoughts folks?
Thanks in advance.
Sounds like it's broken. Sad
Try this

https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic..._site=true
(26-Nov-2017, 20:57)sandeepm777 Wrote: Thanks Hi,
They are generally off when not in use.Today I decided to change the location of the speakers.While playing in the new location one speakers power cord was loose.I plugged it back in securely while it was  playing but ever since Have no sound coming out of it.I have tried the reset by 3 presses,deleted the setup,tried to configure it in solo mode but have had no success in getting it to breathe or power up.
Have tried different socket & power cable as well.The other one plays fine dialog works but I’m up in arms with the non functional one.Will try once again in the morning,fingers crossed.
Any thoughts folks?
Thanks in advance.
Does it shows any sign of life?
Melco N1A, Valhalla Pow.C.-FTA usb,-D200,Chord Sarum Super Aray Pow.C.-Chord Sarum T Speaker C.(Nordost Frey2)-Harbeth 40.2, (Magnepan 3.7).
It should ALWAYS breathe and go into droning mode after 3 presses, no matter what state it was in.
So if not doing that... probably not good.
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
(01-Dec-2017, 12:54)libero Wrote:
(26-Nov-2017, 20:57)sandeepm777 Wrote: Thanks Hi,
Any thoughts folks?
Thanks in advance.
Does it shows any sign of life?

Is it cold on touch?
Melco N1A, Valhalla Pow.C.-FTA usb,-D200,Chord Sarum Super Aray Pow.C.-Chord Sarum T Speaker C.(Nordost Frey2)-Harbeth 40.2, (Magnepan 3.7).
The phantom was dead,luckily was in warranty so I got a replacement.
I dread to think what’s going to happen once warranty is over & it dies again!
A good question will be:

If it brakes, out of warranty: A) Will they not replace it?

If no replacement: B) Will they accept a broken Phantom when applying for the "Diamond my Phantom", and will it be for the same fee as if the Phantom was working?
(25-Dec-2017, 01:34)Dvlt PhD Wrote: A good question will be:

If no replacement: B) Will they accept a broken Phantom when applying for the "Diamond my Phantom", and will it be for the same fee as if the Phantom was working?

Don't even joke about "Diamond my Phantom". I just "golden" three phantoms, that was enough of a drag on my bank account!
(26-Dec-2017, 02:34)Marcner Wrote:
(25-Dec-2017, 01:34)Dvlt PhD Wrote: A good question will be:

Don't even joke about "Diamond my Phantom". I just "golden" three phantoms, that was enough of a drag on my bank account!

I know, but better to have the option for better, than to be stuck! Wink