Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tidal drop outs and not finishing tracks
If your router is serving DHCP to the devices then it's most likely telling them which DNS servers to use, so the settinngs are probably on your router. Anything you may have configured with a static IP address would probably have its own DNS server settings though, but that's not sounding like the case - so yes, change the DNS servers in the DHCP portion of the config on the router and reboot/restart the other devices on the network for them to pick up the DHCP server changes.
My reply from Tidal in case anyone else is affected by this

Our programming team confirmed with me that this is a known issue that is affecting a number of users, which has placed it at the top of their list to fix.

While I don’t have a timeline as to when a fix will go through, please know that our team is working to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

We realize that this is an inconvenience for you, so we thank you for your patience.

Best Regards,
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Womaz, I have been experiencing a problem that sounds the same as yours but I would describe it differently.

The music playing does not completely match up to the visual representation of how much of a track has been played. Audibly when a track finishes , visually the next track is playing. I believe this gets worse as you play multiple tracks. One issue that results from this is that the last track is cut off before the end.

I don't get drop outs though.

Thanks for bringing it up with Tidal.
mac mini (2018, Latest MacOS, plain old iTunes) > no name USB cable or AIR3 over ethernet -> Devialet 200 -> Kimber 8TC -> KEF LS50
While I don’t have a timeline as to when a fix will go through, please know that our team is working to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

My worry is this is a problem that they wont be able to fix, rather like Devialet and AIR. Fingers crossed though
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
(13-Dec-2017, 12:43)Womaz Wrote: As above.
I use Tidal with the Kazoo app and the Melco.
Never had an issue before but for last week or so this has been happening. Also on occasions it just stops after a track has finished when there are still tracks to play. I have emailed Tidal support but from what I remember they were not that helpful last time.
Is anyone else experiencing similar issues?

I have the same problem with Tidal but it’s fine when I streamed music from iTunes. The problem was gone when I changed from a managed Ethernet switch to a basic unmanaged switch connecting my desktop and my router.
I am having the same issue with Tidal but also further issues with Core Upgrade. With mine the Tidal plays but the I loose connectivity between my computer and 220 when streaming, despite the Devialet icon indicated it is connected. If i disable the Devialet and then reconnect all is fine till the next song. I have the same issue if I change inputs, I.e from Air to Digital and back again I must go through the same process. I have been given a couple of different version of software to try but does not fix the issue.

Lastly once a day I loose the configuration between the Devialet and the computer. I must take out the SD card, Long hold on the tone button from the remote, then 6 short ones, then press the power button on the front of the unit, insert the SD card then unplug power then re-power up. I got it to a fine art bot less then a minute but what a pain.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Devialet 220 Pro CI, IsoAcoustics Orea Bronze, B&W 804D's, Isoacoustics Gia II,  PS Audio P12,  Synergistic Research Devialet spec power Cord, Siltech 770L speaker cables, Qobuz, Roon Lifetime
                                    GTA, Canada
Just an update to this thread. It not my network connection I doubt as I have noticed that ot happens at the end of certain tracks and always in the same place. It’s always at the end or the beginning of s tack
I have no idea how the music is made available to Tidal and other streaming services but I am now sure it’s not my network issue.
Not sure whether this is pertinent to the thread but I can now stream from Tidal on my iPhone directly to my Devialet.

Don't think it sounds quite as good as via Melco, but it's a lot more convenient and seems to be pretty stable.

There's a Devialet output option on the MacOs version of Tidal too, but I haven't managed to get this to work yet - will need to do a bit of playing around I think.
Devialet 1000 Pro. Martin Logan Montis, Michell Gyrodec, Melco N1ZH, Mutec MC3+ USB
(03-Feb-2018, 14:13)ozthepoz Wrote: Not sure whether this is pertinent to the thread but I can now stream from Tidal on my iPhone directly to my Devialet.

Don't think it sounds quite as good as via Melco, but it's a lot more convenient and seems to be pretty stable.

There's a Devialet output option on the MacOs version of Tidal too, but I haven't managed to get this to work yet - will need to do a bit of playing around I think.

Do you have the issues with Tidal when using the Melco?
(04-Feb-2018, 04:52)Womaz Wrote:
(03-Feb-2018, 14:13)ozthepoz Wrote: Not sure whether this is pertinent to the thread but I can now stream from Tidal on my iPhone directly to my Devialet.

Do you have the issues with Tidal when using the Melco?

No - not from mobile device using Linn Kazoo. Struggling to get any upnp working from my Mac though.
Devialet 1000 Pro. Martin Logan Montis, Michell Gyrodec, Melco N1ZH, Mutec MC3+ USB