Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra
@Confused Good to read about the latest episode of your saga :-) I haven't had a chance ever to directly compare the SOtM SMS-200 ultra SE to any other streamer. In fact, I was always wondering if there is anything better out there...You seemed to have found one but you are the only person I have ever seen on any forum who sold the SMS-200 ultra for something else. Some people preferred the Sonore streamer but when the SMS-200 ultra was connected to a REF 10, there was no contest. I hope one day, I will also have a chance to compare to the Zen streamer but the other day someone posted this in a Facebook group:

"So I did an a/b comparison sms200 ultra neo SE, txusb ultra SE powered by sps500 the USB cables used are audioquest diamond usb vs DCS network Bridge into a Chord tt2 dac. The SOTM sounded much better than the DCS. There were 4 people listening including the owner of the DCS and we were all in agreement."

Other components of the system were "Bryston 7b3 mono amps, Audiocontrol x9 processor, Totem acoustic element metal speakers."

I was happy to read this as the dCS Bridge was on my radar. Not so much anymore, especially considering that mine is clocked for the REF10 and the above test didn't seem to have an external clock.
Win10/HQPlayer / Roon - Uptone Audio Etherregen switch / SOtM-SMS-200 ultra with clock input - Mutec REF 10 clock for the switch and the streamer - Denafrips GAIA DCC - Devialet D800 - YG Acoustics Carmel - Dual Elac SUB-2090 
power supplies: Uptone JS-2, SOtM SPS-500

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra - by zdenes - 06-Feb-2022, 04:39