Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra
@zdenes I think my plan will be to set the whole lot up, all connected to the REF10. Once everything is settled in I think I will try removing clock feeds from the USB kit, try removing the tX-USBultra, and so on. It will be interesting to see what individual components add to the end result. As for power supplies, I do have the Uptone Audio LPS-1 to try on at least one of the SOtM items, although I am not sure if it will have enough current to supply the tX-USBultra, as this will also be providing the current feed to the Mutec MC3's USB input, something to try anyway. As it stands, I think I will use the LPS-1 on the Ethernet switch.

@"MIKE" I already have some cheap and cheerful AudioQuest Carbon USB cables, so no need to worry about this in the short term. The set-up I have described above requires two USB cables, one between the sMS-200 & tx-USB and one between the tx-USB and the Mutec MC3+USB, nothing like keeping it simple. In this set-up the Mutec MC3+USB input is isolated and takes it's power from the USB feed, so I will need USB power on at least one cable, although not on the other I think. Something for the future maybe.

I love the way that I still have two weeks to wait for this kit to turn up, and you guys are tweaking it already!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra - by Confused - 10-Feb-2018, 16:36