Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra
(10-Feb-2018, 16:36)Confused Wrote: @zdenes I think my plan will be to set the whole lot up, all connected to the REF10.  Once everything is settled in I think I will try removing clock feeds from the USB kit, try removing the tX-USBultra, and so on.  It will be interesting to see what individual components add to the end result.  As for power supplies, I do have the Uptone Audio LPS-1 to try on at least one of the SOtM items, although I am not sure if it will have enough current to supply the tX-USBultra, as this will also be providing the current feed to the Mutec MC3's USB input, something to try anyway.  As it stands, I think I will use the LPS-1 on the Ethernet switch.

@"MIKE" I already have some cheap and cheerful AudioQuest Carbon USB cables, so no need to worry about this in the short term.  The set-up I have described above requires two USB cables, one between the sMS-200 & tx-USB and one between the tx-USB and the Mutec MC3+USB, nothing like keeping it simple.  In this set-up the Mutec MC3+USB input is isolated and takes it's power from the USB feed, so I will need USB power on at least one cable, although not on the other I think.  Something for the future maybe.

I love the way that I still have two weeks to wait for this kit to turn up, and you guys are tweaking it already!

It seems me you are extremely busy in the coming days  Big Grin

I am not very familiar with those issues but as far as I know SOtM has specific electric demands - so be careful with connecting power supply.

As for the USB interconnects. I have AQ Carbon at home (probably the best option at its price level) but a month ago I got SynRes USB Active SE. The difference was (unexpectedly) huge = my wallet opened itself authomaticaly, making me crying like a child - it is almost 1kUSD in Poland. If you can, try... (but do not blame me afterwards)  Smile 

I cannot wait for your feelings and conclusions.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra - by MIKE - 10-Feb-2018, 17:06