Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra
(10-Feb-2018, 18:27)Sharone Wrote: .....

Of course, I am also considering changing the Mutec MC3+ USB power supply to an external linear one. I remember someone getting improved results from some forums.

Yes, there have been a few reports of improvements gained by replacing the Mutec MC3+USB SMPS with a decent LPSU, indeed, this forum's @"SwissBear" has reported excellent results trying this with his Paul Hynes LPSU.  For balance here, I do recall one poster on 'Computer Audiophile' who tried this mod and then claimed that it made zero difference, so it is difficult to make definitive claims in this area.

I am tempted to try this mod I must admit, and I will have a 'spare' LPS-1, which I believe should be suitable.  I am also tempted to not bother, there have been some vague rumors of an 'Empyreal Class' version of the MC3+USB, which amongst other things would I presume include a LPSU similar to the REF10.  Rumours, yes, but I have seen no facts with respect to this, it does make sense though, if you look at the 'Empyreal Class' section of Mutec's website it only includes the REF10.  If Mutec have come up with a new class for there products, it seems unlikely that there will only ever be one product in this class.  Time will tell.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra - by Confused - 11-Feb-2018, 11:57