Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra
(11-Feb-2018, 16:35)Spindrift Wrote: Hi Confused -

Congrats on your new components!

I noticed you mentioned some rg216 cables for the clock cables. Any thoughts on choices?  I was using very basic hosa cable and recently switched to the Pasternak rg216 product and I think it made a notice noticeable difference in space between intstruments and recording space etc. . 

Cheers

There is a lot of interesting information regarding clock cables on Computer Audiophile at the moment.  One of the more interesting suggestions is the use of 12G-SDI 4K UHD cables, the claim being that they are very low cost but have higher specifications than some of the expensive 'audiophile' cables. 

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forum...k/?page=24

For me, I essentially did the same thing as @SwissBear, that is I noticed that the recommendation in the Mutec REF10 manual is to use RG216/U cables, and as these are relatively low cost they seamed the obvious choice. 

I have bought RG216 cables in both 12" and 24" length (30cm / 60cm).  One thing I plan to try is comparing the shorter cable to the longer cable between the REF10 and MC3+USB, just to see if there is any audible difference.  If I can hear a difference, this may lead to me trying many things.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra - by Confused - 12-Feb-2018, 13:40