Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra
(25-Feb-2018, 16:43)octaviars Wrote: Have you considered trying a solution that does AES directly from ethernet something like dCS Network Bridge or Bricasti M5 and compare that to the current solution?

To me this multiple boxes can be a bit to much compared to having all in one box and all the cables and clocking working outside of the box, dont get me wrong but does it really need to be 5 boxes to get good sound from ethernet?

I am intrested in trying AES to my DAC and compare that to USB and a one box solution like dCS NB or Bricasti M5 is intresting to me were USB is left out from the chain.

I did consider that, yes.  The problem is I wanted to retain the use of HQPlayer, so this left me with Sonore, SOtM and Antipodes as my options.  I could get hold of a Network Bridge to try if I really wanted to, maybe something to consider once the SOtM kit has settled in.  I have plenty to keep myself occupied in the short to medium term!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra - by Confused - 25-Feb-2018, 18:01