Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra
(25-Feb-2018, 16:28)samsoum Wrote: Always very interesting reading your comments, and perceptions confused.
I like your honnesty very much.
I m very happy for you.
I followed your comments , and i know from memory that you ve wrote int he past that ROON/AIR was very good and comparable to mr+mc3, and sometimes so close that they are indistinguishable.i know it s too early to say, but roughly how much in % the ref10 brought to the sq?
Thks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, it is too early to say, I spent far more time last weekend messing around with kit than I did listening to it.  That said, the REF10 was one of those things that you put in your system and the improvement is obvious, so I have no doubt that the REF10 is providing an improvement.  I never really understand the concept of % improvement.  We would need to agree a scale, say where white noise is 0% and live sound 100%.  I notice on another thread that a magazine claims a 20% improvement from a speaker cable.  20% from a cable?  Although I have tried removing my speaker cables and got a 100% reduction in sound quality, so maybe it does make sense.

Much rambling....   My initial impression is that the REF10 provides a significant uplift in sound quality, it is early days, but I would say it is something similar to the Expert to Pro upgrade.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra - by Confused - 26-Feb-2018, 13:53