Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra
(05-Mar-2018, 14:16)ogs Wrote: Hi @Confused
are you using the  REF10 when you hear the treble 'characteristic' of the SOtM gear? The 200 connects to the MC3?
My experience with the MC3 is that it lets through the 'sound' of the device on its input. I briefly tried  a small laptop as Roon bridge while I waited for the mR 1.3->1.4 upgrade last summer. The laptop was clearly no match for the mR!

Yes I am, and I agree that the MC3+USB is transparent to what you feed it.  I tried mine with a mid-priced Pioneer Blu-ray player as a CD player, the end result was a clear step down from feeding it with the microRendu.  

Plus another thought, maybe there is something about the mR that I really like and maybe next weekend will prove to me that an mR to Ref10 driven MC3+USB is my own personal audio nirvana.  Then maybe it is the about to be discontinued mR 1.4 that I need, and if they are no longer available, I might have to offer you a fortune for yours!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra - by Confused - 05-Mar-2018, 14:36