Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra
(05-Mar-2018, 15:01)petrik Wrote:
(05-Mar-2018, 13:36)Confused Wrote: Although maybe whatever this dark sound might be, perhaps it is something I happen to like or happens to suit my system

Having heard few times the KEF Blade, Blade 2, and the most recently KEF Reference 5, I can say that these are all very revealing speakers. They are also slightly brighter than what I have got used to. Therefore I would probably prefer some slightly darker sounding front end with the KEFs. Maybe I also happen to like a slightly darker sound signature? Anyway, remember to keep the one that you like the most - it doesn't matter what others think Smile

Yes, I agree.  As an example, the Cyrus / KEF Blade 2 system that was demonstrated at the Bristol sound and vision show last weeks was about five times worse than the issue I am describing here, so it is all relative, and yes, the KEF Balde and Reference speakers can be a little ruthless in this regard.  

Plus, if after next weekends test I find the mR works best, it will stay!  The thing is, with the little bit of listening I managed today, there was something genuinely special about the SOtM kit, hidden layers in the bass emerging with incredibly natural and realistic drums, for example.  So I my fear is that next weekends test might be a mixed result.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra - by Confused - 05-Mar-2018, 15:55