Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra
(06-Mar-2018, 01:33)alandbush Wrote: Heresy, I suspect, but the Devialet does enable frequency modification, does it not?
Or is the brightness not frequency related?

What about upsampling or downsampling? Or is this, like the above, an unnecessary band aid?

You know, just in the case of a mixed result.

I wouldn't say heresy but I know what you mean!  If you get everything sounding just so with the tone controls set flat, then that is how it should be.  If you need to tweak the treble down a few dB, it kind of implies something is amiss elsewhere. 

Plus I do not think it is just the difference in brightness, it is more that this is making a slight 'digital edge' more apparent.  The good folk on Computer Audiophile claim that the SOtM kit needs something like 200 hours of running before it sounds right.  Maybe there is something in this, who knows?  Anyway, I have left the system streaming from Roon 24/7.  So whatever burn in might or might not do, it's doing it now!

Upsampling is an interesting one.  I do use HQPlayer to upsample PCM.  I have spent much time trying the different filters in HQPlayer to find the one that suits the system best.  Maybe with the SOtM kit & REF10 in place I need slightly different settings to that with the microRendu.  Definitely something I need to experiment with.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra - by Confused - 06-Mar-2018, 10:24