Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra
(08-Mar-2018, 08:41)SwissBear Wrote:
(07-Mar-2018, 23:12)zdenes Wrote: You have probably seen it, there is another post where both SOtM gear and Ultrarendu play a part, albeit there is a lot more in this post.
https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forum...ent-792071

Thanks for sharing @zdenes . But at the same time, this is not so cool. Now we have no more excuses not to spend thousands of Euros on Habst clock cables   Angry Big Grin

Yes, I thought the same thing.  The comments on the Habst were very positive, something along the lines of the improvement over the RG216 being similar to the improvement of adding the REF10 itself.  I find this a little hard to believe, but even if a slight exaggeration, this is still a very positive comment.

I was also interested in the comparison of the ultraRendu and the SOtM kit.  This was clearly in favour of the SOtM bundle.  I very nearly bought the ultraRendu rather than the SOtM bundle, but now I am not 100% sure about that choice.  I am very much looking forward to doing a few comparisons myself this weekend to sort my thoughts out on this one.

EDIT: I note some more recent comments on CA. The Habst cable used was 0.5m, the RG216 was 36". Mindful that cable length is critical, the Habst did have the advantage of being shorter. (roughly half the length in this case) When I get time, I will try my 12" RG216 versus my 24" RG216 between the REF10 and MC3+USB, to see if this kind of length reduction makes a discernible difference. Maybe some of the Habst magic was simply due to it being the shorter cable?
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra - by Confused - 08-Mar-2018, 10:07