Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra
(18-Mar-2018, 17:34)Dan Wrote: Not suggesting you go on forever comparing but I wonder what your thoughts would be if you were comparing the UltraRendu? (assuming you are using your original mRendu). I have gone down the slope of the SOtM trio myself and do like it better then my original mRendu (with no updates). I find myself wondering, though, what the UltraRendu - mutec - (with ref 10) to Devialet 1000 would be like??? Maybe even add the SOtM UltraUSB???

Where to stop is the question, I guess......

I'd love to try the ultraRendu!  The ultraRendu was my original plan A, I wanted something better than the mR, but I did have some reservations about the current SOtM kit, so my plan was to run the ultraRendu, and then see what SOtM may bring out in the future.  Obviously this plan changed! 

If someone out there wants to lend me one I would love to try it!  (and maybe the Antipodes Edge as well, plus a few other things)

Meanwhile, I am happy with what I have and I am looking forward to more time enjoying listening to the system, rather than playing with the system. Shy

In fact, I think these network 'end point streamers' have to be the fastest developing part of the audio market at the moment.  So my best plan is to enjoy what I have and see what Sonore & co come out with next, I am sure this market will have many interesting new products emerging over the next year or two.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra - by Confused - 19-Mar-2018, 13:57