Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra
I did have some thoughts regarding the 'noise' issues. @yabaVR make the point about SMPS's injecting noise into the system, which can lead to sound quality degradation, with another point that this becomes more apparent with highly transparent systems, which seams intuitively logical. As an example, I am sure I will find such an effect easier to hear using the 1000Pro + Blades than I would on the 10 year old Pure radio that sits in my bathroom, as an example.

At the same time, I am posting that the mR is tonally different to the SOtM kit, which we then speculate is probably because the SOtM kit has better noise filtration capabilities versus the mR. So what I am thinking is that whereas the 1000Pro and Blades might have the transparency highlight noise issues, maybe the SOtM kit adds transparency by eliminating the noise issues, at least in part. So in other words, the SOtM kit could add transparency and yet make the noise issues harder to hear, because the kit itself is eliminating the issue. Just a thought!

I will try the SMPS elimination test when I have the time, it is easy to do and 100% cost free, so why not!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra - by Confused - 19-Mar-2018, 14:40