Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra
(19-Mar-2018, 21:34)thumb5 Wrote: In this situation I might recommend the Audio Note method: http://audionote.co.uk/articles/art_audio_hell.shtml.

If nothing else it might act as an ear/brain re-boot mechanism...

Ha!  I’m not sure if you posted this before my edit, but I could not agree more.

There is a certain psychology involved when you spend lots of cash on kit then overanalyse it’s performance, the brain reboot is exactly what I need now.  Shy

NEXT DAY EDIT:  I did genuinely laugh out loud last night when I read thumb's post above.  I am actually familiar with the Audionote article per the link, so I knew exactly what it was as soon as I saw it.  There is a point here though, much of the article per the link I do not agree with, not because it is definitively wrong, it is more of a case that I have my own way of doing things, I know what works for me.  With that said, in amongst the stuff I do not agree with, there is some good advice.  As an example, by last Sunday I knew I had been listening to the same tracks far too often over the last couple of weeks, so I did add some new selections for Sundays' A/B testing, and it was these 'new' tracks that were most helpful in demonstrating exactly what the SOtM bundle can do versus the microRendu.  So whilst I disagree with much of what is written in article, I would also say it is well worth a read, just to question your own way of doing things.  It is good food for thought for anyone interested in equipment evaluation.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra - by Confused - 19-Mar-2018, 21:46