Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra
I've one more thought concerning matching audio units and the mR sounding more 'dull' than the SOtM-Kit.

We're talking digital here. We don't talk frequency respond or two units matching/equalizing one another.
In a digital signal you can't say to the bits 'Hey you treble bits, increase another +2dB' unless you set a specific filter on the digital signal to do just that. And you should clearly see that in the frequency respond.

It's different to analogue audio units in the past where there were actually units of different brands that could match perfectly.
In the digital realm if you think something sounds 'better' e.g. in the bass you might be right but it would be plausible that the whole frequency range has gained from this 'better' sound although you are concentrated on the bass at that moment.

My thoughts on why @Confused  hears a assuming +2dB in the highs with the SOtM-Kit is, that the SOtM-Kit has better timing, has a more 'in phase' and a more precise digital signal that leads to more dynamic in a shorter timeframe which can be experienced (and may be measured) as 'louder'. And maybe it is just appearent in the highs because our/his ears are the most sensitive in that frequency range. Again a digital kit that sounds better should sound better in every area of frequency...at least this is my experience in several occasions.

gui
"Oh, you can buy the other. But then it is a cost intensive learning process"
berlin

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra - by yabaVR - 20-Mar-2018, 18:32