Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra
(27-Mar-2018, 20:18)amabrok Wrote: a@Confused Wow what a thread and what a read!

i learned a lot all while enjoying the flow of the thread.

I know the mood is now to "reset" and "rest" but i can't hold myself from asking when do you plan to A/B test direct USB vs Mutec AES?

Very keen to know how will both options compare 

thanks

Thanks @amabrok I am pleased you have enjoyed the read, I often wonder how many people enjoy reading this kind of stuff, and how many read it and just think "what an idiot".  I guess quite a few people do both!

Regarding running the SOtM kit via USB, this is probably something I would have tried already, but I was mindful of a compatibility issue between the new CI board and the sMS-200.  The good news is that I understand that the latest beta firmware (which I am running) has resolved this issue.  I am not quite sure when I will get the time to do a proper USB versus AES/EBU test, but it should be in the next couple of weeks.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra - by Confused - 28-Mar-2018, 13:02