Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra
(28-Mar-2018, 17:20)octaviars Wrote:
Quote:In the case of the SOtM kit, perhaps a classic case of psychoacoustic effects requiring 200 hours for my brain to adjust.  Although I do have a few cunning plans to investigate this one further though.

@Confused do you have any specific album where you feel the sound is more edgy and harsh? I cant say that in my system with TAD electronics and TAD speakers I have noticed this problem runing sMS-200ultra and tX-USBultra (2x Paul Hynes SR4 powering them with 9Vdc).

This is probably because you never listen to the rubbish that I listen to! Shy

Regarding specific examples, I can think of some albums that sound particularly bad, but they are ones that sounded bad anyway.  A good specific example would be The Cures "Three Imaginary Boys", where only now some slight edginess is apparent, so this sits on the border of what was ok before but just troubling now.  It is almost certainly little more than a poor production accurately reproduced though.

Hopefully I will get some decent listening time over the coming weekend, and if I stumble across any other good examples I will advise.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra - by Confused - 28-Mar-2018, 18:08