Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra
@amabrok - Correct, the USB issue I was referring to relates to CI board equipped Pro's only, not a concern for those with Expert amps.  In fact, it is not really a problem for the Pro now as the latest beta firmware solves the issue.

@yabaVR as I mentioned in post #62, I will try the SMPS test.  I said I will do it, I am a man of my word, worry not.  In fact, I have a whole list of things I plan to try, the only problem is that I have very little time at home with my system to try these things, so it will take a while.  One point to note, it is a very long lists and every time you ask me to do this test, I do move it one slot down on my list!  (only joking) Shy

On this subject, it only dawned on me recently that my entire system is SMPS powered! Oh the horror.  Power is as follows:

Computer - SMPS
Router - SMPS
Modified switch - UptoneAudio LPS-1, which itself is powered by SMPS "energiser"
SOtM kit - sPS-500 - which is a SMPS unit, albeit a very trick one.
Mutec MC3+USB - SMPS
Devialet Expert Pro - SMPS x 2

As a general note, I really do have a whole list of things to try, it is planned like a military operation.

This weekend I will commence step 1.  Code name "operation listen to lots of music."  This involves listening to as much music as possible and not even thinking about messing with the kit.  If I happen to stumble across a track that does not sound quite right with respect to the HF issue I mentioned, I will simply stick it into a dedicated playlist.  In time, I should have a playlist which will feature a large range music which sufferers from the subject issue.  This can then be used as a reference for the many things I plan to experiment with.  I am rather looking forward to step 1, as it involves being lazy for long periods of time and listening to any music I fancy.

As a point to note, at one time I had bass issues, in part SAM related but they remained problematic tracks even after the SAM issues were resolved.  During this time I compiled a playlist of tracks which were problematic with respect to bass reproduction.  These tracks play just fine these days, SAM on or off.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra - by Confused - 28-Mar-2018, 21:16