Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra
I would be more concerned about the stuff a SMPS sends down the DC line in AC noise going through the capacitor coupling the AC to the DC side. If you follow John Swenson at Computer Audiophile he measured alot of SMPS and some stuff gets thrown back to the AC line but the high impedance leackage that is harmonics from AC 50/60Hz and gets in the DC line and travels along all sorts of cables and might end up where you dont wont it is a bigger problem. Some say when this leackage is removed from a system this digital edge/harshness is also removed but then again the number of different SMSP and audiosystems is so big that there are no real way to tell how things will behave Confused

I have cleaned up my system from all SMPS and on my dedicated line to the stereo I only have DAC, amplifier and 2x Paul Hynes SR4 all connected to a stargrounded Ansuz D8 Mainz. A second dedicated line goes to power a HD Plex 200W PSU that powers ISP fiber, router, switch (Netgear GS108 with grounded -0V) and a NUC with Roon ROCK.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra - by octaviars - 29-Mar-2018, 07:43