Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra
Quote:In terms of eliminating SMPS's completely, I have been thinking of getting a pair of Paul Hynes SR4's to power the SOtM kit. It would be good to get @octaviars view on the SR4 with his SOtM items. Elsewhere, the SR4 appears to be gaining a fine reputation and is relatively good value.

@Confused I have been runing my SOtM kit and two SR4 for a couple of weeks now (they are powered on 24/7) and I am very pleased with the performance. I do see many talk of the digital glare that some endpoints have but I cant say that in my system this was present with the sMS-200ultra and if there was a bit at some tracks to me the tX-USBultra have made this go away. I did try the album that @Confused wrote he had some problems with but to me I could not find it playing in my system. If this only are an effect of the total different gear (my TAD electronics/TAD speakers VS. his Devialets and KEF) or perhaps the SR4 brings some to the table that is just doing it right.

As we have so different systems it is hard to say what exactly is doing what as we only have sMS-200ultra and tX-USBultra in common. To me the SOtM/SR4 combo has truly made my TAD speakers sound great Big Grin
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra - by octaviars - 29-Mar-2018, 12:03