Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra
(30-Mar-2018, 06:32)LupusAlpha Wrote:  
I am myself considering doing a similar measurement, but to see if it‘s possible to quantify the differences I hear between a Habst BNC and a Canare 12G-SDI 4K UHD Single-Channel BNC Cable between my Mutec Ref-10 and Mutec MC-3+.

Which model of Canare 12G-SDI UHD are you using? Can you please describe the differences briefly that you hear? 

@Confused - As some, I also commented earlier that the SOtM kit may sound a bit edgy/digital/unrelaxed with the SPS-500. I found the PH SR3 and the Uptone JS-2 much more relaxed but at the same time giving equally detailed sound. I fully understand your reasoning for not wanting to invest in something that may end up on eBay later but that not trying other power supplies may be the very reason why your SOtM ends up on eBay. If you can, try to borrow something at least to see the difference.  

I had some very intriguing issues with my newly purchased tx-USB ultra that is still being resolved but part of this resolution process I had to change voltage back and forth (9V-12V) and also try different power supplies. I will share my findings here at the weekend. 

Zoltan
Win10/HQPlayer / Roon - Uptone Audio Etherregen switch / SOtM-SMS-200 ultra with clock input - Mutec REF 10 clock for the switch and the streamer - Denafrips GAIA DCC - Devialet D800 - YG Acoustics Carmel - Dual Elac SUB-2090 
power supplies: Uptone JS-2, SOtM SPS-500

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra - by zdenes - 30-Mar-2018, 08:23