Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra
(31-Mar-2018, 12:27)octaviars Wrote: To bad you are in England @Confused and I am i Sweden otherwise I would have brought my two SR4 over for you to try with the SOtM kit.
Hey octaviars, Sweden is not so far, just stick them in the post, they will be here in no time.  I promise to send them back, eventually. Shy

Joking apart, one thing I do have is a 12v 3A Lithium Ion battery pack.  I did try this briefly when the SOtM kit was new, but I think I will try it again when I am more used to everything.  I realise that batteries are not ideal for powering audio equipment, something like the SR4 will have considerably lower ow output impedance for example, but it might just give me an idea of how a change of power might influence things.

I did have a cunning plan to use the sMS-500 to power my PC.  This plan faded a bit when I checked the power brick that feeds my PC, it is rated at 19.5v 7.69A.  (150w)  The sPS-500 is rated at 19v 3.3A, so not powerful enough I think.  This is my fault for getting an 'all in one' style PC.  I actually like it a lot, it suits me well, but having the screen built into the PC is not the best idea.  For those that are now going to chime in stating this is ruining my audio experience, when I sit down for a listening session, the iPad is in control and the screen shuts down after a few minutes.  It does mean that it pulls a lot of power though, and I think I will get something different when it needs replacing.  That said, an all in one 24" touchscreen PC does make an excellent Roon server/interface, it is actually really nice.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra - by Confused - 31-Mar-2018, 14:17