Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra
(31-Mar-2018, 13:05)thumb5 Wrote:
(31-Mar-2018, 12:11)zdenes Wrote: “Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.” - Einstein

Agreed.  In audio, a great deal of what counts but can't be counted is between the ears.

Further agreed, and what I am finding today is that what can be counted helps with what little is going on between my ears.  I am always fascinated by some of the online battles you get between 'objectivists' and 'subjectivists', because for me, you need to be both.  Afterall, you need to listen to understand what those objective measurements, good and bad, actually sound like.  One thing that is clear to me is just how powerful psychology can be with audio, ignore it at your peril.  This is something I learned a while ago, but recent events per this thread have served as an excellent reminder of this to me.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra - by Confused - 31-Mar-2018, 15:13