Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra
@Confused 

first...you're not nuts Big Grin .

Second...what you describe as an treble issue is (that's my opinion from living far away) is most likely an issue with jitter.
The SOtM-kit does not make your system brighter (as your measurements show) but much more resolving. Now you can hear a specific jitter from some source (I'll do an assumption later) in your system more clearly and because the SOtM-kit sounds so pristine in all other aspects, this specific jitter (in HF range) stands out and makes you nuts.
You can compensate for that if you damp it by -3dB treble...but it's only damping the effect not resolving the cause.

You posted that your source is a All-In-One PC (is it Windows or MAC?) and I assume it's a working machine and not dedicated to audio. If a PC is not dedicated to audio (and everything not needed not shut down) it produces lots of jitter of different kind. It would be very helpful if someone could lend you a audio dedicated PC (even Laptop will do) and you could test your system (SOtM) with this source.
Or if you don't bother buy a NUC install ROCK and a LPS and you done (my assumption).

...and you might repeat the SAM-Test again with the SOtM-Kit...might be a surprise of new spheres (w/o SAM Wink ) I bet.

gui
"Oh, you can buy the other. But then it is a cost intensive learning process"
berlin

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra - by yabaVR - 02-Apr-2018, 16:52