Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra
(09-Apr-2018, 20:35)sam1000 Wrote: Hi Confused..Although its really informative and entertaining to read your posts, they are dangerous for the wallet. I have taken a plunge and have ordered Mutec Ref-10 after reading many reviews including your's :-)
I have not ordered SOTM kit yet. Just want to know from some of you whether it will bring good amount of improvements to Oppo-203 as a transport.  I have hooked up Oppo 203 to Mutec MC3+USB now. This is my second MC3.. I sold my first one after listening to Roon AIR :-(

I'm not Confused but I have a similar setup to his (look at my signature) plus an Oppo UDP-203 going through the Mutec MC3+USB. I have not compared the sound quality to SOtM but if you are interested in my opinion I could make such a comparison. It will be a little unfair though as the Oppo is not hardware modified i.e. it has its original SMPS. Also, I haven't got installed on it so I can only use its DLNA rendering. Nevertheless, if interested, I could do such a comparison later this week. 

At the same time, SOtM is doing an upgrade on the Oppo, including a linear power supply and installing an sCLK-ex board. I guess it costs more than the player itself but you could also ask SOtM if you are better off with an SMS-200ultra or an Oppo upgrade by them.

Zoltan
Win10/HQPlayer / Roon - Uptone Audio Etherregen switch / SOtM-SMS-200 ultra with clock input - Mutec REF 10 clock for the switch and the streamer - Denafrips GAIA DCC - Devialet D800 - YG Acoustics Carmel - Dual Elac SUB-2090 
power supplies: Uptone JS-2, SOtM SPS-500

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra - by zdenes - 10-Apr-2018, 07:09