Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra
(10-Apr-2018, 07:25)sam1000 Wrote: Thanks Zoltan, If you could do the comparison, that would be great! Sorry Confused. I hope you don't mind if Zoltan posts his impression in this thread.

Not at all.  Going off topic, the Oppo mod that Zoltan refers to is actually quite interesting, it uses the SOtM sCLK-EX board together with power supply and capacitor mods.  Elsewhere, I have read that the end results are superb, more or less state of the art.  I must admit I find the thought of a REF10 powered Blu-ray player quite intriguing!  The mods are over $2000 I believe, so not a cheap upgrade.

Meanwhile, it would be very interesting to hear how Zoltan's 'standard' Oppo sounds versus the SOtM kit.

Anyway, congratulations on the REF10 order.  It is a fine piece of kit, I am sure you will appreciate what it can do with the MC3+USB.

So with all that said, I can do a mini update of my own.  Sunday afternoon I tried a couple of other things with my system and also had a friend listen A/B to two slightly different set-ups.  I think I now understand why adding the SOtM kit has triggered something negative in my brain, and it has nothing to do with poor performance of the SOtM kit itself, quite the oppsite.  In fact a whole bunch of related things are now becoming clear.  After the confusion of post #131, I want to try a few things before I post more on this.  I will do a detailed update at the weekend.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra - by Confused - 10-Apr-2018, 08:53