Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra
(15-Apr-2018, 12:55)Axel Wrote:
(15-Apr-2018, 10:47)PeppaPig Wrote: I am not quite understand how the external clocker like MC3 can help to improve sound quality of Devialet.

When the sound is reclocked by Mc3 and then output to Devialet, the Devialet will processed it using its own internal DAC and clocker again, we cannot bypass it right?

Before the advent of the CI and Pro upgrades iirc a lot of us were unhappy with the sound quality of the USB input. AES/EBU sounded superior. Mutec came out with the MC3+USB, which as it’s name implies, has a USB input and also has an AES/EBU output. The Mutec also reclocks the incoming signal before conversion. With a decent cable, you a great digital connection.
I understand that, since the CI upgrade, USB performance has improved, although these increases are probably across the board!

The main advantage though is the ability to feed the Mutec with a 10MHz clock input, as @Confused has posted about.

All inputs go through the DAC(s).

Hi Axel, so after CI upgrade, do we still need MC-3 in the middle of Devialet and the MAC Mini, is it still providing huge improvement?

I thought everything goes into Devialet internal DAC and gets reclocked again, plus the Devialet has a internal buffer, I don’t know why we still need a external clock, I think the improvement should be very minor or zero, correct me if I am wrong.

Messages In This Thread
A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra - by PeppaPig - 15-Apr-2018, 14:48