Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra
(16-Apr-2018, 11:11)Confused Wrote: Edit:  A further question to the room correction experts out there.  I have a UMIK-1 microphone which I have been using for my measurements with REW.  I note that there is a suggestion that when measuring with REW the microphone should be pointing directly upwards, rather than horizontal / towards the speakers.  Is this correct?  Are there uses when horizontal or vertical is preferable?  I set up the UMIK-1 for use in REW a couple of years ago and added the specific calibration file.  I cannot remember if this was a "90°" calibration or not.  What is the recommendation?

I recall that the vertical orientation was recommended for multi channel with the horizontal orientation recommended for a stereo layout. That may have had something to do with the type or quality of the microphone in the past.
I don’t believe there is a great deal of difference with either orientation with the UMIK1. Probably no more than you are experiencing with small changes to the location of the microphone.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra - by alandbush - 17-Apr-2018, 00:25