Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra
@yabaVR - you do seam to be missing the point completely. I am not using REW to flatten the HF issue. REW is used to measure my system, and then I am using convolutions to correct the frequency response throughout the entire range. Note, correct the entire frequency range, not flatten the HF. As to @Blackmorec comments, I think these were more directed at peppapig rather that commenting on my situation. Maybe I am wrong here, but the suggestion seams to be that placing the Devialet on cones will make the presentation sharper and more analytical, this appears to be the opposite of what I need for balance now, and my Devialet's are not on cones. I have no idea as to what the mechanism is for smearing signals in cables, but I have pretty decent cables, so I am presuming they are reasonably smear free.

Also note that the REW measurements I made indicated an issue with the impulse response on the right hand speaker. When I get time, I can mitigate this with some changes in my room / speaker placement. This is real, it is measurable and correctable. Science!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra - by Confused - 01-May-2018, 10:14