Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra
I hope that Confused's concern will be solved through with the HAF convolutions and/or power supply changes.

I thought that one question that may be worth talking about is what filters people with the SMS-200ulra (or Microrendu) use in HQPlayer or Roon.

As for myself, I sort of jumped on the bandwagon a bit and have been using poly-sinc-xtr-mp but a couple of times I went back to a few others. Now with so many good clocks in my system all 'referenced' to the REF10, I feel that the poly-sinc-shrt-mp gives better presence and more realistic sound, especially on acoustic instruments and vocals.

I'm saying this here, rather than in the HQPlayer thread that as far as I understand, the filters affect timing more than anything else and with the Ref 10 being so precise we may prefer other settings than people who have less precise clocks in their system.

I wonder if anybody else has experimented a bit with the filters AFTER adding the Ref 10?
Win10/HQPlayer / Roon - Uptone Audio Etherregen switch / SOtM-SMS-200 ultra with clock input - Mutec REF 10 clock for the switch and the streamer - Denafrips GAIA DCC - Devialet D800 - YG Acoustics Carmel - Dual Elac SUB-2090 
power supplies: Uptone JS-2, SOtM SPS-500

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra - by zdenes - 01-May-2018, 11:42