Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra
It’s interesting reading Confuseds posts (as always), but also following the journey of all these source tweaks. As a non-CI user, I have to say when I last compared RoonAIR to the Allo digiOne, I eventually concluded AIR was up there at exactly the same level. Not saying the modest Allo compares to the sources mentioned here, but I would say that the conclusion was reached after a surprise when I did my blind testing and found that the little differences I felt were there couldn’t be detected.

Not saying these source tweaks don’t do anything, but I wonder how easily those with super-tweaked sources could tell the difference from AIR if played blind. If you’re keen to get rid of all the extra gubbins I’d highly recommend a blind listening session to see if you really love all those extra boxes as much as you think you do! Controversial I know, but it’s definitely worth doing even if just for fun - it might save you all the stress of juggling kit too (I sleep a lot better since I stopped thinking about it and settled on something I’m happy with).

I’d be using AIR now and ditch the Allo if I could group it in Roon. Maybe one day the CI will get there. Personally nowadays I get more sound enjoyment from tweaking PEQ (even tiny tweaks make an audible difference) and room Correction.

OK back to Confused’s setup. Smile

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra - by Hifi_swlon - 11-May-2018, 20:16