Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra
(12-May-2018, 10:23)cereal killer Wrote: @Confused
Are you listening to your system or your music?

I am listening to my system, and that's the problem!  I have always suffered from this, if I am not happy with the system, then I do tend to listen to the system, and not the music.  This is why I put so much effort into testing and evaluating kit, because once I am happy that all is good, I forget about the system and enjoy the tunes.  It takes a lot of effort sometimes, but I can get to a point where in my mind I know the kit is more or less optimised and working as it should.  I then forget about the kit, and music takes it's proper place again.

Maybe it is a curse?  I have been interested both in music and in how things sound for as long as I can remember, literally since 5 years of age.  But worry not, it is interesting and I am enjoying the journey.  That said, I am currently at the point where I have had enough of messing about with kit for now, so I am hoping for a happy resolution soon.......

@Vivialet - Thanks! Your comments noted, and yes I will try. I need to try one thing at a time though or will go (even more) crazy!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra - by Confused - 12-May-2018, 10:35