Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra
(15-May-2018, 03:02)gabbabe Wrote: Hi,

I do want to say I really really appreciate the diligence and contribution by all (especially Confused) on ways to improve the SQ of our system!

I do have a question.  While it is being determined whether Beta 14 may match Mutec combos (usually for a music service or computer source),  I have sources which relies on optical which Air cannot cover.  Would a Mutec MC-3 +USB and/or Ref10 improve on the SQ for such?

Thanks in advance!

@gabbabe - Welcome to the forum!  I would say that there is a very good chance that the Mutec MC3+USB would improve a typical source via Toslink.  You may not be aware that we have a thread dedicated to the MC3+USB, if you have time to read it there is a lot of good information there.

https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?...=MC3%2BUSB

Regarding Beta 14, there seams to be very mixed reports so far from those that have tried it, some say it makes kit like the Mutec redundant, improves bass, and so on, others have reported that it reduces bass, others that it makes no difference.  So that is clear!  Like many things, it is probably system dependant.  I am very intrigued by Beta 14 now, I am certainly looking forward to trying it myself.

I agree with @Vivialet 's comments.  A REF10 + MC3+USB is over £4k's worth of kit, so to use it to improve the feed from a TV or similar would be slightly crazy. 

That said, it occurs to me that I have not tried my TV via the REF10 clocked MC3+USB, so it might be crazy, but if you have the kit already, why not! Shy
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra - by Confused - 15-May-2018, 13:49