Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra
(15-May-2018, 14:22)Vivialet Wrote: I'm not even sure if it is beta 14 that rocks, maybe. But beta 14 is the first time that AIR was working and the first time I have tried Roon. And the combination of beta 14 with Roon/AIR sounds better here than Roon with the Mutec kit. So it can be Roon/AIR that brings the difference.

Yes, this makes sense.  When I first tried Roon integrated AIR with the Pro, I was very surprised just how good it was.  OK, we can discuss is source A better than source B until the end of time, but I think that in absolute terms, Roon Integrated AIR is very good, plain and simple.

Also, looking at the Munich 2018 thread, it seams we now have confirmation from Devialet that the Pro's are utilising the superior clocks that are used in the CI board.  So this should take Roon integrated AIR up yet another level.  Of course, the better clocks may help improve sources via AES/EBU or USB as well, but whatever you are trying to do, it is always up against decent opposition when comparing with Roon AIR.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra - by Confused - 15-May-2018, 14:33